Two girls with a passion for decor and design working together to create beautiful things! We believe in being good stewards of what the Lord has blessed us with and hope to help you fill your home with what you love!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Furniture Fridays!

Friday



Megan and I have deemed Fridays "Furniture Fridays" - one of the most fun days of the week!  Friday has become our night to drive all over the place to do our furniture pick ups.  We jump into the mini van and off we go.  It's isn't always glamourous you know.  It's a crazy fun time I will say, but highly unpredictable. 
For example, this past Friday, we had purchased a piece off Craigslist and met the seller at a hardware store about 30 minutes from our town.  I figured he had the piece (notice I am not revealing what it is?  You'll just have to wait and see!) in the back of his huge red truck, but alas that was not the case.  He rolls down the window and says follow him four miles that way as he points off into the the pitch black darkness.  Any female would shudder at that thought.  I became anxious.  Where was he taking us?  Was he a trustworthy guy or should we be concerned?  Are we naive following him?  Thoughts keep bombarding my mind.  We drove off into the black night into no-man's land.  We live in a rural area so you don't have to go far outside of the town to be in no-man's land really.  So you never can tell what you are getting into. We ended up off the beaten path and felt better when we pulled onto a road with several little cottages on it.  We pulled up in front of the house which had all the lights off.  We didn't get out of the van until the lights were turned on.  I admit I was highly freaked out at this point.  You just never know.  We make it a point to always go together for a pick up.  Still I was texting my husband the whole time with directions as we drove and this guy's license plate number in the event something happened.  It is too bad that I even have to think this way.  It was quite the adventure. 
Turns out the man was super nice and was just cleaning out his cottage.  Whew.  It is quite the memory.  See what we go through to bring you awesome things?!?! Let me tell you that what we picked up is SUPERB.  I can't wait to show you all!  We ended the night with dinner at Taco Bell and several hours of painting.  Now, that's what I call a fun night!  Can't wait until next week's furniture Friday to see what adventure we will embark on! 





No comments:

Post a Comment