Two girls with a passion for decor and design working together to create beautiful things! We believe in being good stewards of what the Lord has blessed us with and hope to help you fill your home with what you love!

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Little Topsy and A Lot of Turvy

While Stacey and I were at a women's retreat in Sandy Cove, MD with our church (almost two years ago), we had some free time to go into the town and look around.  Of course, we headed straight for all of the glorious "antique and picker's find" shops and oh, did we find some goodies!  The reason I'm telling you this is because it's the background story for an inspiration piece that I just could not afford to buy, but never wanted to forget... 


This adorable little stool was worn and weathered and oh so pretty.  I just knew that some day I would be painting something in it's honor, so I snapped a picture and went on my way.  I have to say, this picture really doesn't do it justice.

Here I am, two years later, finally completing my vision!  I refer to them as Topsy Turvy and I think you'll agree that they're worn, weathered and wonderful!

Meet Topsy Turvy!

Topsy & Turvy

Topsy - Red Top & Bottom and White Seat
 
Topsy

Topsy
 
Turvy - White Top & Bottom and Red Seat

Turvy


Turvy
 
These girls have had endless coats of red and white paint, lots of distressing (and I mean lots) and a coat of Annie Sloan's Soft Wax to finish them off.  They were created to look like they were forgotten in a barn for years and years--we hope that they will find a new home in your nest! 
 
Buy them together as a pair for $40 or
buy them separately for $25 each! 
 
Facebook or e-mail us if you are interested! 
 
 
Blessings!
 
Megan
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment