Two girls with a passion for decor and design working together to create beautiful things! We believe in being good stewards of what the Lord has blessed us with and hope to help you fill your home with what you love!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Oops, I Did It Again!

As I mentioned in a previous post, the "spring bug" is alive and well and currently residing at my house!  I started a spring cleaning regime today that got halted when I saw how open and spacious my downstairs bathroom looked once I pulled everything out of it to wipe down the walls.  On a whim, I said to my husband, "wouldn't it be great if we could leave the tall shelf out of the bathroom all the time?  But where would we put everything?"  The wheels in my head started spinning... distraction strikes again!


My downstairs bathroom is teeny tiny and lacks storage of any kind.  Our solution when we first moved in was an extremely narrow, tall shelf from IKEA.  Here's how it's looked for the past several years. 



It has been great and would still work just fine, but I had such good luck with my last shelving project, that we decided to try shelves over the toilet so that we could open up this space a bit.

After a quick trip to Home Depot for more shelves and brackets, we are ready to let the shelving begin.  Here's a before picture of where we are planning to install the shelves.  It's a little nook above where the toilet sits. 

 
 
After we took down the picture and little shelf, my (very understanding and tolerant) husband started getting the wall ready for the brackets (isn't he cute)!
 

I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous about how it's all going to turn out, but there's no turning back at this point!  You'll have to tune in tomorrow for the reveal!

Blessings,

Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment